Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Turning knobs

During past two weeks I've done some occasional soundtests, to make sure I've got the guitar sound I'm using for the final recording. To put the long story short; yes, I've got it. :) Today I got the confirmation after one more test. The guitar sounds pretty much the way I want it to sound right now and with the current equipment. It looks like I'm going to have more sound tweaking ahead with bassguitar sound, as I'm not at all sure if I got the kind of sound I'd want to have, yet.

I've also done some software drumtests - more work there as well, as I no longer have bandmate to handle that deparment. But it looks like I'm getting into the kind of sounds I envision for this material. I've got also some neat ideas for recording some otherwordly space sounds for the material ... but that's not the thing currently under works.

The next thing is ... going back to guitars. I'm going to start recording the final guitars for the songs now. Right after this blog post actually, sitting here with guitar on my lap. No idea how long it takes overall though, as my primary task in real life is intensive jobhunting on a daily basis. Another thing is, that the timing seems to be going nicely; just yesterday I received a little package from abroad, containing ... a single plectrum. Huh? Well, it's not just any standard plectrum, but custom made and quite a big one. Based on one day of jammin' every now and then, it feels like the best plectrum I've ever had (I've never been much a plectrum player but who knows now) ... see the picture below.


No comments:

Post a Comment