Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Eighternity & (individual) thoughts (patterns)


... and I thought that song#8  would take clearly more time? I thought wrong! :)

Just finished recording the guitars for the 8th one and listened the crawly track through once. It's different song, that's for sure.

What seems to be quite evident by now, I can tell - is the fact that this album will be clearly more ... about heaviness and doom metal. Emphasis on word metal. Or if not that, then ... DOOM. There are lots of beautiful melody things going on between all the heaviness and crushing beats, but there won't be such a "silent" atmospheric tracks like there were on "the misery quadrant" (for example "dormant" in that package). Did I plan it this way? Nope. I've worked the way I've always worked meaning I just let the creativity flow and the result is what it is. I don't really plan as I noticed already as a youngster that it's better not to plan in my case. I might plan something very general, like song's tempo or structure sections, but ... that's where the planning ends in my case. Flow is the word.

What do I think about the fact that this album will be more "metal" than atmospheric then? I'm really, really enjoying the moods I'm shaping here. There are still open matters, like the vocals (multiple options there) but the music itself is turning out awesomely.

Now that I got the rhytm guitars recorded, I'll start looking into bassguitar matters. And I'm starting that ... right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment