Thursday, July 7, 2016

Is it 3rd rock from the sun?

After I came back home from a job interview and enjoyed some (damn) good coffee & light refreshments, I started recording the final guitars for the third song. This time it took about 2-3 hours to complete the guitars. Not just because this song is longer, but also because this one has more melodies and guitar harmonies. How did this one make me feel? I think I was grinning widely towards the end of the session. Recording went great and the song is just awesome ... it also has "the most brutal" section any M:D song has ever had. Yeah! Brief death/doom moment. If you heard just that part, you'd think the song is like that ... while in reality the song is soooo different than the "brutal" section. And so that this wouldn't be just writing about it, how it would feel - check out the short democlip below, and get a glimpse of doom fury. The sounds are altered quite a lot from what they are in reality, just so that this wouldn't ruin the actual material when it's ready someday. It's just drums and guitars in this demo, nothing else.

Short democlip from the 3rd song under works:



PS: This 3rd song is also a song which will get a special guest intro section. I originally was going to play the intro myself as a combination of guitar and spacy sounds, but I've asked one pal to do it in a special way. Or be a part of making the intro, delivering the guitar part but in a different way. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment