Wednesday, July 13, 2016

From guitar into bass (with a little twist but not shout)

So, I started working and tweaking the bassguitar sound yesterday afternoon. I worked several hours in a row and recorded numerous democlips, thought I got close to what seemed to fit ... continued with the same matter this morning and spent multiple hours more tweaking. As a result I got a sound that fits even better than yesterday's sound - after demoing and testing I recorded already bass for two songs and it feels pretty good to me. Very fitting.

Though here's another little twist to this tale (and another case of "plans were this, the result might be that") ... originally I thought I'd like to use distorted, crunchy sounding bass, but the sound I've settled for now anyway (haven't yet decided 100% if it's final but it could well be the base sound ... not bass sound, ha!) is something quite different than what I had in mind. Perhaps it can't be labelled as soft sounding, but it's certainly not the distorted bass sound I thought would fit the best. How come?

Well, after intensive testing this kind of sound simply seems to fit the music the most. So it's logical direction to go then. Check out the brief demonstration clip for the bassguitar sound below.

No comments:

Post a Comment