Monday, July 11, 2016

Magic of six

I had just begun recording the guitars for track # 6 when I got a call. About the best call in ages; Got chosen for a job which begins in September. Yeah! After the call I soon returned into recording the guitars. For a while it felt demanding as I was still shaking ... out of pure joy. Felt like I have to scream a bit, perhaps I did that too ... then I thought I'll channel the energy into powerful guitar recording and ... that's what happened.

Just listening to this song number 6 which has working title of "Sofia's theme" ( = other of our cats seems to enjoy the main melody, her name is Sofia so...) and this sounds great to me again. Actually I think of this song as the "massive subspace distortion" of this release, even that this is quite different after all.

Only two songs to go with recording rhytm guitars. After that I'll probably start tweaking the bass guitar sound and as I get the sound I like, I'll start recording the basslines. Now that I have a date for starting work, I think I have a good deadline for this M4D package as well: Get it ready before starting the work. Sounds quite realistic to me, even that there's lots of work to do since I'm doing it all alone. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment