Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Towards the third one

Tonight I started working on another massive riff from late summer 2010. First I programmed simple set of drums, and the idea started to shape further already at that point. There's going to be a space section in the middle of the song. Currently it looks like this third song is going to be something like 8 minutes long.

After drumworks I started recording the guitars. The task turned out to be notably more demanding than what I thought, even that this is very slow and heavy piece (dejavu?). Took me something like 2-3 hours to get the guitars recorded for something like half of the song or so. Well, the recording phase will continue tomorrow evening.

We chatted quite some about this doom project on general level, with Timo - it sounds like we found a very strong vision for how the vocals will be, emphasizing the thing that this will be scifi doom metal. Also some more lyrics are forming already.

No comments:

Post a Comment