Friday, February 18, 2011

Cover artwork

The cover artwork started to take shape today. I've been thinking about it here and there; how exactly would I integrate some deep space shot with a picture of my own. And with what picture of my own. I was thinking about some forest shots first (with blizzard, snowy views) but then I started to think that plain snow might actually mix better with some space picture.

And that's exactly how it seems to be forming. I mixed a graphic snow picture from march 2010 with a partial view of space picture (which was free to use). I instantly knew that this is the way. The logo fits in very well too, and the way the cold snow mixes with "cold, black space" ... it makes a very fitting front cover for this first release by Mood:Doom. The cover is not ready yet, but at least I now have a certain way to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment