Monday, February 28, 2011

Test mixes already

I won't go into details, but because of my working method, I already had to make some test mixes just to see if some of the ambient scenes inside some songs work or not. Antti needs to hear those too, and after that we are surely somewhat wiser, as to where to proceed from here.

These mixes already proved to be useful as I spotted a problem with very few snare hits, as they open the bass drum gate here and there and I need to readjust the gate accordingly. I guess that's the thing with slow music and long spaces between "notes".

Even more synth was added in the process and some of the things sound absolutely bombastic, even if I say so myself! After Antti's approval or rejection I continue to work on the mixes and balance between ambience and slow metal madness.


T
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment