Sunday, February 6, 2011

First recording session

I practised some riffs for first song yesterday, and did some minor test recordings. Also some talking with Timo about how the teamwork will be done, as it's first time we do cooperation this way; me doing simple sketch of drums with machine, and Timo recording the real drums for the songs then.

This morning I made up the structure for the first song, built the drums. Listening to some Reverend Bizarre gave me an idea and extra inspiration - and the structure came out fast. Then I started doing first real recording (guitars) for the song, took some ~2 hours overall to get the two guitar tracks recorded. It's not complex material (it's doom metal, remember?) but I got some really good vibes as the sketch turned out pretty good. Rough mix with machinery drums and guitars looks like it's 5+ minutes long song in its' current form (which might see changes still).

Well, it's a real start anyway, not just planning about it anymore. Feels good to get this finally started.

No comments:

Post a Comment