Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shaping the shapeless

While Antti is busy with the artwork, I've spent the evening working on numerous synth-related tasks. I have an interlude for one the songs, which seems to be the longest one in this package. The song still needs one ambient section, so I can only guess what the total duration will be in the end.

Various synth passages were added to the songs and things are taking shape slowly but surely. I am still doubtful if some of the vocal phrases will make it to the final product. There are not many of those "on the edge" but maybe I will record something again, remains to be seen. Also, a couple of cymbal rolls need to be re-recorded for the interlude, but those will only take five minutes to setup and record. No big deal.

I also recorded some ambient passages to glue the songs together, but there are not enough of those just yet. The song order is still something I puzzle over. There are 2-3 possibilities that will work, but which one is the best...? Maybe the ambient things help us decide.

T
--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment