Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progressing again

It feels that lot has happened in such a short time, since last writing (and when was it, yesterday? yeah). Let's see ... well, first of all, I just finished recording the main guitars for third song and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I had a clear plan for the song, but as I had some peaks of extra creativity, the plans were improvised here and there. Thus the song length grew, again. Now the rough mix is getting closer to 9 minutes ...

I'm not the only one who has been active; I heard some scifi soundscapes made by Timo, base soundscapes for at least one of the songs, and it sounded really good to me. Those ambient elements will be worked further quite likely, make em more interesting and fitting, without revealing all the details right now.

Then the major thing; Timo already had some recording session with drums (and also bassguitars) and I heard mixes of first two songs with drums and bassguitars added. Sounds are what they are still (far from the final I bet) but I must say that I felt really, really satisfied how those tracks sounded. Very heavy, very doomy, very "trippy". And they don't even have the scifi soundcapes yet, not to mention vocals ...

It looks like Timo will have more recording sessions next week - I myself am having such a good creativity peak that I will continue working towards next song(s). I have at least one great riff from autumn 2010 left to be worked with. Not to mention that I think I have some new riff ideas, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment