Friday, February 25, 2011

Success

I did the first "real" video edit experiment tonight, and ... based on about 30 seconds long test video where I combined both videoclips and pictures, I'm very happy to say that my pre'editing plan seems to be working out in the best possible way. I couldn't be more happy about the situation!

I could easily start doing the editing since in this song ("another species falls") there are no vocals right away in the song. But ... I won't start it yet. I will have to wait for Timo to get the bass and vocal video clips and only then get on with it.

The only bad thing in this video will be the poor resolution of it - as Timo's current videocam isn't exactly modern one, the resolution will be small (it was actually 350*270 or something, I've converted it into 640*480 to match my clips as I couldn't do smaller clips than that). It's going to be enough for youtube usage though with heavy processing and that's more than enough. And even with the resolution being really small, it's going to be nice little promo video anyway. Done with huge budget of zero, all shot by ourselves, editing done by me during freetime, with eyes bleeding out. True DIY spirit, ha! And I don't even like video editing (I used to say that I will never edit videos anymore), ... quite some combination, one could say. ;)

PS: I also updated the Scumfusion site a bit tonight, made it more like "Scumfusion & other projects" and thus giving space for Mood:Doom there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment