Sunday, November 6, 2016

Vocals exp...recording, vol3

Continued working with the vocals tonight. It's no longer feeling like I'd be experimenting with recording the vocals, as I found a working combination of layered vocals. Result is quite fitting considering the space theme of M4D - at the same time you could say it has some distant reminders of how the vocals were in past, but at the same time you could say it's quite different than how it used to be back in 2011. So far I've been recording the vocals alone, but I have a plan of adding yet extra layer of vocals ... for certain moments / points in the songs. You could call it Celtic Frost influence, but it still should be quite different, too. :)

I got vocals recorded for one new song tonight. I also re-recorded partially one of the other songs with vocals from past sessions. Now three songs have vocals. I still don't know if these will be the final vocals, but it's a good start for "getting there" ... trying to kind of combine traditional doom metal vocal style, and sort of doom/death vocal style. Mix in some Cynic influence (vocoders) ... yes, sounds like quite a soup. And then there's the idea of additional layer of vocals ... Huh. We'll see, we'll see ...

I also started recording bit different vocals for next song tonight - gotta continue with that in next session.

One thing is certain, though: This thing is progressing. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment