Sunday, November 20, 2016

Taking massive steps

Once again I can say I'm really, really satisfied ... with these things I've done during past few days. This weekend proved to be definitely important one in this sense. More important than what I thought beforehand. And I didn't even get into recording the additional vocals with another vocalist ... ! So what makes me so satisfied then? Expect a long update now ... perhaps longest update ever with M4D.

First of all; I listened the package through few times early saturday morning and during saturday afternoon I did yet another set of finetuning (them vocals of mine, yes). I also listened the package properly thinking about guitarsolos, and to my genuine surprise I got the feeling that I might not be recording not even one solo (or not even something faintly resembling a solo). It seems to me that the space / ambient soundscapes I have crafted into the songs work like solos would work in traditional heavy metal. If I would feel some song(s) would benefit from some guitarsolo, I would record some, but as I'm feeling the exactly opposite now, ... no point recording forced solos. And I just finished listening the package once again just some 10 minutes ago, and this feeling of "no need for guitarsolos" was even stronger. I gotta still feel about the matter, but currently it looks like the idea of guitarsolos shall be dropped from this release.

But the great thing about this listening session I just completed; for the first time I didn't hear anything needing fixing in the vocals! Nothing at all. Yeah! It means that recording the additional background vocals shall happen soon, perhaps during the coming week already, some evening sessions. I think the additional vocals shouldn't demand lots of time, but we'll see what happens.

Then the surprising element; I hadn't planned doing any graphics this weekend, but like I was recently saying - usually when I get the idea for graphics, it happens fast and intuitively. That's exactly what happened around midday, during this sunday. I got the vision for front cover, remembered certain photographs of mine and started working on it. While working intensively on the front cover I got the idea for expanding it in a certain way to the back cover too ... and in the end I got both the front cover and back cover (CD jewel case size) 100% completed. Yeah! And even this is not the end of creativity burst ... while working on the front cover, I suddenly got the idea for the album title. I liked it so much that I pretty much replaced the album title I have been thinking about lately. The new album title not just fits the space tales perfectly, but it also connects to the certain songs and it even connects to certain reoccurring theme on this album. Which seems to be ... time. Not necessarily in the way you'd think first, though.

Did you think that was all? Nope! I looked through the lyrics set I have had as working version and thought to look into creating a good looking lyrics package in PDF form (not jewel case size, but simply A4 sized monster). So I did. First I created graphics reflecting the debut album in a way, but with this new album's color theme - then used the picture as A4 sized background for creating a PDF file out of lyrics. Looks pretty good, and I even checked it's "error free" by following the lyrics during latest album listening/checking session I did. No errors there. 15 pages long creation, which I will plant into digital album sites as bonus material, where it's possible (f.e. CDbaby).

So, I've got good reason to feel really satisfied indeed, don'tcha think so? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment