Monday, November 7, 2016

Vocals recording, vol4

Another evening session of vocals recording got completed about half an hour ago. Yeah. As I got home from work, I suddenly got an idea for making a little twist to the song's vocals I recorded yesterday - a sort of mini verse, and I went on recording it first and trying how it goes. As usual with following intuition, it worked awesomely! Yesterday I had a feeling like the song would need something more, but I didn't know what it was. Then today ... the idea came and I knew instantly that it will fill the void. So it did, too.

Then I went looking into the song I started working late yesterday - it's longer song and the lyrics are quite long, too. I thought it would take lots of time to get the vocals recorded but ... well, it wasn't more than some 2+ hours which isn't much at all. Considering I sang & recorded the lyrics twice, with two different vocal styles. And with a little surprising twist in the vocal style, too ... came out surprisingly good, methinks.

Now half the songs already have vocals recorded and as I've done small fixes here and there - these might well turn out to be the final vocals, too. That's how it starts to seem to me now. Feels good, especially considering that I'm recording the main vocals myself. This project is quite a massive project for one man project, yes, sure, but I'm not complaining. Not even a bit! ^_^

PS: Recently I played 2 song demos (containing vocals) to a good friend to see how he reacts to both the music and especially to the vocals. I didn't quite know what to expect, really. He was "very positively" surprised by the vocals - liking the sound of my voice, and he said that it's definitely very different sounding combination (layered vocals), unique to some extent. And fitting for space tales. Ha! Not bad reaction there. :) But the main thing is - as always - that I myself love what I do. Everything else is bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment