Sunday, November 27, 2016

Day of soundworks

I've listened the package few times today, as background music, in a relaxing way just to see if something catches my attention. Nothing major was spotted. After watching last two episodes of Game Of Thrones season 6, I went into looking some of the songs again and did some minor vocal tweakings. Got some things sorted.

Then later during the evening I finally received something I've been hoping & waiting for a long time. The certain intro one good friend thought he could contribute if he has time & inspiration for it. It took quite some time, yes, but time is not the key if compared to the fact that the intro is here! I listened to the clip and instantly liked it ... I knew already while listening to the clip, that as I combine certain space soundscapes as created by me; it shall turn out very nice, different intro to this one song. So I worked about 1-2 hours on the intro and built the spacescapes around it and got it all done late tonight. Really dig the result and the friend who submitted the intro, seemed to enjoy the final intro.

So, ... now pretty much all that is left, is still about vocals: I shall listen, listen, listen ... and listen the material during the coming week, and still possibly record tiny vocalbits and pieces for certain moments in the songs. While doing that, I can make sure all the vocals are "as acceptable as possible". Or should I say "as close to my vision as possible". That's more like it. Then I'll have to craft the final master version of the album - that shouldn't be more than 1-2 days job in this case, that's how I feel (and I'm basing that estimate on doing mastering experiments during this recording journey, every now and then).

6th December isn't that far away ... the date I'm aiming for release date. Actually it's only about 1½ weeks away. Still, it feels very realistic that 6th December shall be the date of release. I'm quite confident about that. I've thought already about a month ago, that the weekend of 3rd/4th December shall be the finalizing weekend. I've even taken day off from work on 5th December, so ...

No comments:

Post a Comment