Thursday, March 18, 2021

Vocals completed and massive progression

 I got the final vocals recorded already early during this week and the same working method has continued: Working on a daily basis, and multiple session during a day. Lots of work means lots of progress. Well, how much is that then?

Since I got the vocals recorded, I started cleaning the vocals where needed and finetuning them. I'm still doing that for 2-3 songs, but while I've been mainly working with the vocals, I've been also working big time with mixing in general. Lots of tweaking and tests - and few days ago I got the process pretty much done. Actually that process paused the work with finetuning vocals on remaining tracks. But now the work is progressing on the remaining tracks again, too - since I have pretty much all prepaped for final mixing and mastering, quite likely!

And not just that, I've been doing the space / ambient elements for the album, too. This time they won't be so audible, not in such a big role - but they are there certainly. In a certain way / style. Opening and closing track have most of this space ambience going on (opening track fully completed, closing track still work in progress) since it all fits with the tale of this theme album. Some of the soundscapes (of these space elements) are sounds I've personally recorded outdoors during past 1 year or so, some are created recently by myself and so on.

As a final point; I even crafted late yesterday evening (or night) the lyric video for opening track of the album. I will publish that possibly  already on coming days (or even this coming weekend, who knows!) and it seems that the album release date will be set for April. 

I just happened to notice, that the debut album was released on 4th April 2011, so who knows if I'd set that 4th April (2021 of course) for release date for this new album? Depends on how work progresses with these final stages. Would be funny coincidence, exactly 10 years separating the two releases. Time, the ever present thing on this doom project's albums, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment