Sunday, March 28, 2021

Release confirmation and some thoughts about lyrics

 I got the release confirmation from CDbaby sooner than I thought; it happened during the night of last friday/saturday. Didn't take even a week, and the have a "warning" that currently the release confirmation timeline is 1-2 weeks on average ... and when I submitted, at one point it was stated actually that it's more likely 2-3 weeks. So, ... I am really happy that I got through so fast. I usually do this "administrative stage" very carefully and precisely, so that there wouldn't be any error and questions to be asked, that could well be the biggest explanation. It went through, because there is nothing wrong and no changes needed to be asked to make. Yeah.

This means that the release date is certainly 4th April 2021, coinciding nicely with debut album release exactly 10 years ago. Hooray!

Of course I can't say for sure, how the album appears on all the different streaming platforms, but it seems that it will be released at for example Spotify exactly on 4th April. I know that, since I already got artist confirmation mail from them and I went and tweaked the forthcoming release there already. Chose "through alien eyes" for artist pick, for possible curators. Also for the 1st time ever I updated M4D avatar / band picture in Spotify, as well as uploaded doomy starscape as header picture. About time, ehh?

I'll post the lyrics here probably next, bit of a shame I can't use the PDF I crafted for lyrics, with graphical background all through and special explosive fonts ... but that will end up into bandcamp site as bonus material for album, as usual. 

Anyway, about the lyrics, a brief thinking session since at some point I commented about "having a challenge of singing them, since the lyrics are quite cryptic" (or something like that). Actually that is somewhat misleading or indescriptive expression. I guess I was thinking the amount of lyrics when I was mentioning "cryptic", ... because, well, on this album some of the lyrics are definitely the least cryptic space lyrics ever on M4D release. There are some space visions for sure that can create weird space trippin' images for those have vivid imagination (like errr myself), but there is much larger portion of completely understandable, straightforward english lyrics instead of coded stuff, fictional place names, connections in fictional world, or word play things etc (take a look at 'Cosmic time foundation' lyrics for good comparison!). This wasn't intentional in the first place, but it happened naturally since the theme of "earth album" started to take its' shape. Since it's a fictional, scifi styled & sort of post apocalyptic vision of Earth, ridden with critical approach - it's about a place everyone know, not just a product of imagination: It comes from that, the fact that lyrics turned out quite straightforward and definitely understandable instead of being gibberish word play stuff. Hell, there is even a kind of "love" song for earth (or not just earth), a very doomed one. Though, that said, some songs are not necessarily so straightforward with lyrics, that is part of the bigger picture and not at all a coincidence which songs are like that. The songs happen in certain order, but funnily they were also composed almost exactly in the order they appear in the album, too. Small tales (songs) and when combined with each other, from start to finish, they form a much bigger tale / vision about the earth and solar system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment