Sunday, June 14, 2020

Massive drumworks & Beginning of da basslines

Phew. I thougt I was going to go ahead with composing the possible outro song as I stated in previous post, but ... what happened, was once again intuitive process. I haven't yet done anything about possible outro song but instead I went through all the drums for the seven songs so far. Made lots of fills and did some beat tuning and stuff. Also major sound tuning for the drums. Such a big amount of work that actually I'm quite sure I have all the work done for drums! And I have to say that the drums raised into whole new level if compared to what they were (demo beats, no variation at all, zero fills etc). I'm really satisfied with the drumworks for now and they could well be in their final form now, as stated.

Not just that, but today I took and started bass guitar experiments. Got the bassguitar sound surprisingly near what I visioned for the sound to be this time ... not so clean and kind of soft as it was on "cosmic time foundation" release, but more dirty and for the lack of better word, noisy. And I got the sound initially crafted, brief test session followed ... then I went and recorded bass for the first song in the pack. The result makes me grin, it sounds even better than what I expected. Works very nicely with the guitarsound, too (oh yeah, I adjusted the guitarsound lately, too). Going to be sweet to record the basslines with this sound & style (deliberately chose to play with fingers, not using pick at all) for all the rest songs. 

And also an interesting note which was born in the drum sessions: The last new song currently (number 7) has quite a different ending, it got adjusted more as I thought previously ... and it starts to feel that it could  work nicely as a long song which turns into outro in the end. If that happens, then I would not use my idea for 8th separate outro song. Gotta see and feel how it goes. 

Pic from today's bass session below with a fittingly themed face, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment