Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bassworks vol 3

Got all the bassguitars recorded for now. Really happy with the results.

I'm still not sure whether I'd record the separate outro song or not, actually I've got two ideas for that song - the original idea (which has a strong tie to other tracks on the album) and the new idea (which has in a way hardly anything to do with the other tracks on the album, a weird possibly acoustic one). Might well be, that I won't do that outro song at all, because the current 7th song (which I feel will be the last song if there is no outro song) works so well as The End. Might feel even more like that after I get the ideas for space / dark ambient elements crafted to that ending section. Gotta see how it goes.

Now I will have a short break from the material. Let it be a bit, take a little summer break (even if my holiday starts only after some weeks from now on) and then go back working on it with fresh ears. 

That does not mean nothing is happening. Visual work has already started, I've started planning and working with creating the front and back cover artwork for the album. That's might well work as the "short break from material" since I'm not working with the music. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment