Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stormin' with the doom

Today there was a (rather rare) summer storm here in Finland. It set a suitable mood for (doom) composing & structuring the next new piece. Yeah. That's what happened during the afternoon. I took yet another riff / melody composed already years ago, this time dating back to late August 2012. That riff formed the main part of new song and today I composed the all new mid section to the song. Came out nicely, and looks like it's going to be about 8 minutes long piece.

Now I have only one more old riff saved from past, and actually that is a weird one ... I have always felt it is too happy for M:D use. Until recently, as I got idea how I might be able to use it. It could be a good outro type song, weird happier case of ... something. We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure though; I'm going to compose all new songs still for this package - I have few good song ideas, a vision what I want to create, and I'm sure the new songs will come out easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment