Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Crafting again

While I have been hyperactively jobhunting today, I had time to continue composing after few days break. This time I came up with certain kind of drumworks first, which was part of my idea for this brand new material - and then jamming riffs into the drums. Got the drums already completed, base work for them (6-7 minutes long at this stage) and main riff / melody came to me right away as I started jamming around.

My face must have been sight to see, I guess, since I instantly liked the main riff so much. Seems to be a start of a song exactly according to the vision I had for this one. And other of our two cats seemed to like the riff, too, as she soon came and conquered my throne, sat down and clearly wanted to listen to what I was playing. She was listening, and when I stopped playing finally "that" riff, she looked like oh blaah you stopped ... and walked away then. Ha!

Visual evidence below.

Helping paw in the home studio ...

No comments:

Post a Comment