Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're on fire

Antti has heard almost everything I've been up to tonight. So far, I have a potential final mix of each song, and there are only 2 more he needs to hear before I proceed to the next stage, which is adding the ambient elements/scenes between songs.

The faster songs (say what?!) required some extra attention because of the drum reverb. They swing like a mule in swamp nevertheless!

A synth passage was replayed earlier today as I was not satisfied with the sound or the performance, but in addition, I managed to include a little solo in there, too! Antti liked it too, so we decided to leave it like that. People listening to this stuff need to have an open mind, I know we weren't scared of trying out anything "new" or unusual with this little package! We sincerely hope some of you like the results, no matter what.

True, we are way ahead of schedule, but who doesn't like surprises? It is also very fitting that Antti will have a break from the music so he can rectify things when he returns with fresh ears, if need be. I hope he doesn't find too many things that require attention!! : )

Also the video is progressing, but not without some expected problems at the editing table. I only wish video software was as userfriendly as it should be. But now when I think of it, all of this we have been doing so far, has been without any headache, so I think we can live with this : )

I still have some videos to shoot, but there's plenty of time for that while Antti's away.


Later,

T
-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment