Friday, May 22, 2020

The 4th one

As I had free from work today, I had time to arrange & expand the fourth new song base. Funnily the song length at this stage begins with ... 5, again. Well, if these songs will be all around that length, so be it. It's not the length that matters, even if I myself keep mentioning it in these posts. It's just funny thing to take note since in past M4D songs have usually been notably longer.

Well, the length of song bases is not the only thing that makes me wonder. Today I knew I'd be working a "faster" song so to speak. Not exactly fast, but not Reverend Bizarre kind of dragging true doom style either. And here's another nice observation since I don't force the songs but I let them form in the way they feel the best for me: The song that was supposed to be "fast case" is not so fast, but instead it drags in hypnotic way, mid'tempo beats.

And like with the other new song bases, I really like this one too - already at this rough crafting stage.

Just noticed that I have still three melodies / riffs I've saved in past few years to be used. One of them is something that I don't know if I'll use it or not. It's quite a weird riff and tricky to play, too. Well, we'll see what happens. At least 2 more songs will form from the riff archive, that's certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment