Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mentally advancing

I had over 5 weeks complete break from not even touching the new material, mainly thanks to having started at new job. Yesterday I returned to the material as I listened it all through once. While listening, I noted how this unplanned (but kind of predictable) break came into perfect place: Now I could listen it all with fresh ears and with bit more objective mindset.

How did it feel now then? Well, first of all I didn't notice anything I would want to fix, but everything felt very smooth. Bit coarse, but in a good way. Still, smooth, flowing and very enjoyable to me. Time seems to flow fast even that it's about one hour long set. Good sign to me personally.

I should be getting the one guest intro from friend in the coming week or two, too. That's the only musical thing clearly still missing, from one specific song. I also have a feeling that as the vocals have been recorded, there might be place for some guitarsolo or two, here and there. We'll see how it goes. I still certainly aim to get this package finished during 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment